CCWP’s visiting program in California’s women’s prisons is at the core of all our work. We partner with women and trans people inside to publish the Fire Inside newsletter to give voice to feelings, ideas and art. Together we build campaigns like DROP LWOP to win freedom. We support the Spitfire Speakers Bureau as a way for formerly incarcerated people to tell their stories and educate the public. In our FireStorm project, we study about the impact of the U.S.-led prison industrial complex on women and trans people around the world in order to build international solidarity with global movements.
More information on all of our programs coming soon!
- Across the Walls – Visiting Program
- Crossfire Correspondence
- DROP LWOP
- Fired Up! – SF County Jail Empowerment
- FireStorm – International Solidarity
- #MeToo Behind Bars – lawsuit and grassroots campaign
- Spitfire Speakers’ Bureau
- Survived and Punished – CCWP is a core member of this national coalition