[Women Prisoner News] Hands Off Assata - Eyes of the Rainbow - SF, Thursday, August 8, 7pm

Diana Block dianablock2046 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 00:32:14 EDT 2013

**
*The California Coalition for Women Prisoners and
The Freedom Archives present*

*Eyes of the Rainbow*

*Thursday, August 8th, 7pm
518 Valencia Street
$10 donation, no one turned away*

*Eyes of the Rainbow, the 1997 classic film about Black revolutionary
leader Assata Shakur, is directed by Cuban filmmaker, Gloria Rolando. The
film visits with Assata in Cuba where she has lived in political exile
since 1984, and tells the story of her herstory and life.*

*Poetry by devorah major
Discussion after the film*

*On May 2, The FBI added Assata Shakur to its “Most Wanted Terrorist” list
and doubled the reward for her capture to $2 million. Now is the time to
educate our communities about who Assata is and why she still poses such a
threat to the US government 40 years after she was first captured on the
New Jersey Turnpike in 1973. Together we must be clear - HANDS OFF ASSATA!*

--
*Diana*

--
*Diana*