[Women Prisoner News] Women and trans prisoners and solitary confinement - seeking testimony and information

Diana Block dianablock2046 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 16:13:10 EDT 2013

CCWP is planning the next issue of our Fire Inside newsletter on solitary
confinement and its specific impact on women and trans prisoners.  There is
increased national attention about the widespread, cruel and unusual use of
prolonged solitary confinement in US prisons and Guantanamo, mainly due to
the hunger strikes that prisoners have been undertaking to make this
visible.  We are receiving many questions about the specific conditions
that women and trans prisoners face is SHU, Ad Seg and Control Management
units and other types of solitary.  We would appreciate information about
this important subject from people in California and around the country.
You can send the information to *info at womenprisoners.org* or mail to CCWP,
1540 Market St., #490, SF, CA  94102.

Thank you,
*Diana*