[Women Prisoner News] Lynne Stewart's message on her 74th Birthday

Diana Block dianablock2046 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 12:45:50 EDT 2013

*A Message for October 8, My 74 Birthday*

http://lynnestewart.org/2013/10/08/from-lynne-a-message-for-october-8-my-74-birthday/

 It is certainly sobering to be celebrating the start of my 74 year mired
down in this prison. It is even more so when there is my  life line that
must be considered.  Nonetheless, I remain my ebullient self and face my
fight and my future with optimism.  Part of the reason for this is the
wonderful mail I receive daily from people all over the U.S. and the world.
 From Tasmania to Tel Aviv (!?) people write and tell me of the role I play
and have played in their lives.  It is overwhelming sometimes.

 Today, I have asked you all to rally once again on my behalf.  (Little did
we know they would close down the federal government last week.  A
conspiracy to keep me here?  smile) By coming out and making another
statement on my behalf, I think you are taking a stand for everyone behind
bars.  They can lock us down but they cannot lock us away from the people,
who are now coming to have a different sense of the futility and cruelty of
the prison system, and who will take action if called upon.   I am happy to
be the poster girl, oops, woman, for this.  I know it will never be a some
time thing for me and that when I am in the world again (and I WILL BE IN
THE WORLD AGAIN !) this struggle is one that I must continue.  I hope we
all give a heartfelt wish for health  and release for Herman Wallace, a
valiant warrior, our brother comrade, who is dying in Angola, after 40
years of solitary.

 Hoping that it is a glorious day wherever you are hearing this--my mom
always remarked that the Sunday I was born was perfect weather . I guess I
am waxing nostalgic but blow out the candles and have a bite of the
birthday cake and know that I am indebted to all of you and to our movement
for the fabulous and courageous support you have shown me over these years.
    We go on to victory for one elder woman(me) but also to express our
outrage at this heartless system.

 Lynne Stewart,
Prisoner # 53504-054"
 Federal Medical Center, Carswell