COVID cases are rising rapidly at Central California Women’s Facility (CCWF) with over 500 people testing positive as of January 4. We are hearing from incarcerated people that conditions are rapidly deteriorating. CDCr staff continue to not wear masks and more and more people are being sent to filthy cells in Covid quarantine where they are unable to communicate with loved ones or report on conditions to the outside world. Further, Covid-positive people who are demanding better conditions are facing additional isolation and punishment.
PLEASE USE THE PHONE/EMAIL SCRIPT BELOW TO CONTACT THE FOLLOWING OFFICES:
- CCWF Warden Pallares: (559) 665-5531 ext. 6002; Mike.Pallares@cdcr.ca.gov
- CCWF Health Care Access: (559) 665-5531 ext. 5530
- CCWF Associate Warden for Housing: (559) 665-5531 ext. 5148
- CCWF Custody Captain: (559) 665-5531 ext. 5565
- Federal Healthcare Receiver Clark Kelso: (916) 739-7000
- CDCR Secretary Kathleen Allison: (916) 324-7308, press 8 & leave message
My name is _____ and, alongside incarcerated people at the Central California Women’s Facility (CCWF), I have serious concerns regarding the rapid increase of COVID at CCWF. In less than one week, the number of positive cases has increased to over 200 people and counting. I strongly urge you to take the following crucial steps:
- Provide urgently needed healthcare, including mental health care, to people in quarantine.
- Ensure access to telephones, tablets, and electricity so that those placed in quarantine can maintain contact with their loved ones.
- Enforce mask use by CDCR staff and mandatory sick leave for staff who show any symptoms of illness and/or who test positive for COVID-19.
- Provide access to showers, laundry, clean N95 masks, gloves, and sufficient amounts of disinfectant.
- Expedite release for medically vulnerable, and elderly people regardless of conviction.
- Stop retaliation against incarcerated people who demand life-saving changes to quarantine conditions.
Thousands of our community members’ lives are on the line. We urge you to use your power to intervene and save lives.